- It fits with the festival/Gen Z feel of the place
- Could capture more effectively the unique atmosphere
- More engaging in this age of attention deficit
- A multi-media experience would be more interesting for an exhibition
- Good creative options beyond pure documentary
- Privacy – getting permissions would be problematic
- Revealing any illicit behaviour would be unethical
- Video may overwhelm the impact of still images as it can be easier to consume
- And not really a con as such but a consideration… it has already been done really well by a professional:
Nomadic Community Gardens from Ross Harrison on Vimeo.
This is an excellent depiction of the early days of the NCG and the values which underpin it.
Embedded here with the kind permission of the filmmaker Ross Harrison.